WP-3 net is similar to the WP-2 but larger. The opening has a diameter of 113 cm (approx. 1 m²) and the conical net bag has a length of 200 cm. Standard mesh size is 1000 µm. Other mesh sizes on request. We recommend a minimum of 200 µm.
The letters in () refer to the schematic to the right:
(A) "Nansen release mechanism" (to be ordered separately) for operating/closing plankton net by a 0,8 kg drop messenger.
(B) Three nylon lines (6 mm diameter) with bridle and snap hook (length: 85 cm).
(C) Ring of AISI 316 stainless steel tubing with 3 loops for bridle and weight lines, 2 loops for an optional digital counter located in the middle of the opening. I.D. Ø113 cm = area of 1,0 m2.
(D) AISI 316 stainless steel clamping fixture.
(E) Part a net: 1000 µm Monodur Nytal (nylon) net with 6 loops for the 6 mm (diameter) nylon line closure rope. Cylindrical net length is 95 cm. Part b net is identical to a, but conically shaped. The length is 200 cm.
(F) AISI 316 stainless steel clamping fixture.
(G) Net bucket, based on the Hensen design. The bucket is made of a Polypropylene tubing, diameter 160 mm, with a plastic draining tap, 6 openings, (Total area of 315 cm²), covered by a AISI 316 stainless steel net (mesh size similar to the main net), 1 round supporting rack bucket and 3 loops for lead weights.
(H) 3 Nylon lines for the weight with bridle and snap hook.
(I) Lead weight of 25 kg (11 weights of 2 kg, mounted in a 3 kg rack).
Collecting bottle, closed (Image 4):
• Dimensions: Ø160 x 275 mm (295 mm incl. brackets)
• Weight: 1,8 kg
Adapter for plastic bottle (Image 5):
• Can be used as a replacement for 23.200 net bucket
• Support for 1 and 2 L plastic bottles (23.185 or 23.186)
• Made of AISI 316 stainless steel and Polypropylene
• Fits for WP-2 and WP-3 net
• Incl. 1 pc of 1 L bottle.
Nansen releaser - optional (Image 6):
• When drawing the plankton net above the sea ground or in a specific height the Nansen releaser will close the net at this particular depth to avoid intrusion of sediments from other depths
• AISI 316 stainless steel
• Overall dimension (inclusive bolts): 240 x 105 x 50 mm
• Weight, exclusive drop messenger: 2,55 kg
• Weight, inclusive drop messenger: 3,35 kg
• Inclusive 23.070 drop messenger, 800 g (open/close)
•Nansen release mechanism (heavy duty model), incl. drop messenger, open/close, 800 g for Nansens releaser
•Drop messenger 800 g for Nansens releaser
-Net part (a + b), 1000 µm
-Net part (a + b), 50 or 100 µm
•Set of lead weights for WP-2 and WP-3 net incl. rack 23.060
•Net bucket, complete