The WP-2 plankton net can be equipped with a digital flow meter (optional) for determining the amount of water passing through the plankton net.
Available models with diameter of 57, 70 or 75 cm:
• Ø57 cm, 0,25 m²
• Ø70 cm, 0,38 m² - Nansen closing net
• Ø75 cm, 0,44 m²
• Ø113 cm, 1,0 m² - WP-3 - Indian Ocean Standard Net
WP2 Net consists of following items , Please refer image 2:
(A) "Nansen release mechanism" (to be ordered separately) for operating/closing plankton net by a 0,8 kg drop messenger.
(B) Three Nylon lines (6 mm diameter) with bridle and snap hook (length: 85 cm).
(C) Ring of AISI 316 stainless steel tubing with 3 loops for bridle and weight lines, 2 loops for an optional digital counter located in the middle of the opening. I.D. Ø57 cm = area of 0.25 m2
(D) AISI 316 stainless steel clamping fixture.
(E) Part a net: 200 µm Monodur Nytal (nylon) net with 6 loops for the 6 mm (diameter) nylon line closure rope. Cylindrical net length is 95 cm. Part b net is identical to a, but conically shaped. The length is 166 cm.
(F) AISI 316 stainless steel clamping fixture.
(G) Net bucket, based on the Hensen design. The bucket is made of a 160 mm (diameter) Polypropylene tubing with a plastic draining tap, 6 openings, (total area of 315 cm²), covered by a AISI 316 stainless steel net (mesh size similar to the main net), 1 round supporting rack bucket and 3 loops for lead weights.
(H) 3 Nylon lines for the weight with bridle and snap hook.
(I) Lead weights for net bucket (optional). Consists of 6 weights, each 2 kg. Total weight for net bucket 23 kg. The weight of the net bucket does not stress the net bag itself.
Collecting bottle, closed (Image 4):
• Dimensions: Ø160 x 275 mm (295 mm incl. brackets)
• Weight: 1,8 kg
Adapter for plastic bottle (Image 5):
• Can be used as a replacement for collecting bottle with 3 lead weight net bucket
• Support for 1 and 2 L plastic bottles
• Made of AISI 316 stainless steel and Polypropylene
• Fits for WP-2 and WP-3 net
• Incl. 1 pc of 1 L bottle
• Requires a set of nylon lines
Nansen releaser - optional (Image 6):
• When drawing the plankton net above the sea ground or in a specific height the Nansen releaser will close the net at this particular depth to avoid intrusion of sediments from other depths
• AISI 316 stainless steel
• Overall dimension (inclusive bolts): 240 x 105 x 50 mm
• Weight, exclusive drop messenger: 2,55 kg
• Weight, inclusive drop messenger: 3,35 kg
• Inclusive drop messenger, 800 g (open/close)
•Nansen release mechanism (heavy duty model), incl. drop messenger 800 g for Nansen releaser(E) Net part, Ø570 mm, (a + b), 200 micron,
•Drop messenger 800 g for Nansen releaser
-Ø570 mm, (a + b), 50 or 100 µm
-Ø700 mm, (a + b), 200 micron
-Ø700 mm, (a + b), 50 or 100 µm
-Ø750 mm, (a + b), 200 micron
-Ø750 mm, (a + b), 50 or 100 µm
•Set of lead weights, (12 kg) for net bucket
•Net bucket, complete, inclusive 3 lead weights, 2 kg each.
Note: Need to mention by the time of order